“The West must awaken to the fact that it is facing nothing less than the resurgence of the greatest war machine in world history: an ideology that holds the killing of others, the plundering of their wealth, the conquering of their lands, the enslavement of their people, and the destruction of their institutions to be among the highest virtues and the stepping stones to salvation. Islam, while it continues to lack a centralized political structure, is nonetheless reacquiring the means of war it has used to such deadly effect in the past. Yet it seems that the secular West today is determined not to hear the bad news. It is hoping against hope that things are not as bad as they seem. It is hoping that the myriad acts of violence around the world done in the name of Allah are somehow not indicative of ‘real’ Islam. It is hoping that Muslims throughout the world calling for the destruction of America and Europe are just blowing hot air. It is hoping that Islam — a religion founded by one of history’s great warlords; a religion that waged wars of aggression and conquest for a thousand years, that slaughtered and enslaved untold millions and invented modern genocide, and that today is the only force in the world that produces terrorism, suicide bombings, hostage-taking, organized rape, and massacres on a global scale — that this strange, seething, violent mass is somehow ‘a religion of peace.’ Rejecting this fiction and standing up to be counted will determine whether or not we survive the twenty-first century.”
The following article, with its numbered list of twenty Qur’an-sourced statements of anti-Semitism, used to be posted at IslamOnline.net, but the scandal of it apparently made them think it prudent to take it down. It can now be found at numerous sites on the web by pasting some of the text into Google. Sheikh ‘Atiyyah Saqr (died 2006), the Head of the Fatwa Committee at Al-Azhar University, the chief center of Islamic and Arabic learning in the world, wrote it:
“The Qur’an has specified a considerable deal of its verses to talking about Jews, their personal qualities and characteristics. The Qur’anic description of Jews is quite impartial; praising them in some occasions where they deserve praise and condemning them in other occasions where they practice blameworthy acts. Yet, the latter occasions outnumbered the former, due to their bad qualities and the heinous acts they used to commit.
The Qur’an praises them on the verse that reads: “ And verily We gave the Children of Israel the Scripture and the Command and the Prophethood, and provided them with good things and favored them above (all) peoples.” i.e. the peoples of their time. (Qur’an 45:16)
Among the bad qualities they were characterized with are the following:
1. They used to fabricate things and falsely ascribe them to Allah. Allah Almighty says: “ That is because they say: We have no duty to the Gentiles. They speak a lie concerning Allah knowingly.” (Qur’an 3:75) Also: “The Jews say: Allah’s hand is fettered. Their hands are fettered and they are accursed for saying so. Nay, but both His hands are spread out wide in bounty. He bestoweth as He will.” (Qur’an 5:64)
In another verse Almighty Allah says: “Verily Allah heard the saying of those who said, (when asked for contributions to the war): “Allah, forsooth, is poor, and we are rich! We shall record their saying with their slaying of the Prophets wrongfully and We shall say: Taste ye the punishment of burning!” (Qur’an 3:181)
2. They love to listen to lies.Concerning this Allah says: “and of the Jews: listeners for the sake of falsehood, listeners on behalf of other folk” (Qur’an 5:41)
3. Disobeying Almighty Allah and never observing His commands. Allah says: “And because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them and made hard their hearts.” (Qur’an 5:13)
4. Disputing and quarreling. This is clear in the verse that reads: “Their Prophet said unto them: Lo! Allah hath raised up Saul to be a king for you. They said: How can he have kingdom over us when we are more deserving of the kingdom than he is, since he hath not been given wealth enough?” (Qur’an 2:247)
5. Hiding the truth and standing for misleading. This can be understood from the verse that reads: “…distort the Scripture with their tongues, that ye may think that what they say is from the Scripture, when it is not from the Scripture.” (Qur’an 3:78)
6. Staging rebellion against the Prophets and rejecting their guidance. This is clear in the verse: “And when ye said: O Moses! We will not believe in thee till we see Allah plainly.” (Qur’an 2:55)
7. Hypocrisy. In a verse, we read: “And when they fall in with those who believe, they say: We believe; but when they go apart to their devils they declare: Lo! we are with you; verily we did but mock.” (Qur’an 2:14) In another verse, we read: “Enjoin ye righteousness upon mankind while ye yourselves forget (to practice it)? And ye are readers of the Scripture! Have ye then no sense?” (Qur’an 2:44)
8. Giving preference to their own interests over the rulings of religion and the dictates of truth. Allah says: “…when there cometh unto you a messenger (from Allah) with that which ye yourselves desire not, ye grow arrogant, and some ye disbelieve and some ye slay?”(Qur’an 2:87)
9. Wishing evil for people and trying to mislead them. This is clear in the verse that reads: “Many of the People of the Scripture long to make you disbelievers after your belief, through envy on their own account, after the truth hath become manifest unto them.” (Qur’an 2:109)
10. They feel pain to see others in happiness and are gleeful when others are afflicted with a calamity.This is clear in the verse that reads: “If a lucky chance befall you, it is evil unto them, and if disaster strike you they rejoice thereat.” (Qur’an 3:120)
11. They are known of their arrogance and haughtiness. They claimed to be the sons and of Allah and His beloved ones. Allah tells us about this in the verse that reads: “The Jews and Christians say: We are sons of Allah and His loved ones.” (Qur’an 5:18)
12. Utilitarianism and opportunism are among their innate traits. This is clear in the verse that reads: “And of their taking usury when they were forbidden it, and of their devouring people’s wealth by false pretenses.” (Qur’an 4:161)
13. Their impoliteness and indecent way of speech is beyond description.Referring to this, the Qur’anic verse reads: “Some of those who are Jews change words from their context and say: “We hear and disobey; hear thou as one who heareth not” and “Listen to us!” distorting with their tongues and slandering religion. If they had said: “We hear and we obey; hear thou, and look at us” it had been better for them, and more upright. But Allah hath cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, save a few.” (Qur’an 4:46)
14. It is easy for them to slay people and kill innocents. Nothing in the world is dear to their hearts than shedding blood and murdering human beings. They never give up this trait even with the Messengers and the Prophets. Allah says: “…and slew the prophets wrongfully.” (Qur’an 2:61)
15. They are merciless and heartless. In this meaning, the Qur’anic verse explains: “Then, even after that, your hearts were hardened and became as rocks, or worse than rocks, for hardness.” (Qur’an 2:74)
16. They never keep their promises or fulfill their words. Almighty Allah says: “Is it ever so that when ye make a covenant a party of you set it aside? The truth is, most of them believe not.” (Qur’an 2:100)
17. They rush hurriedly to sins and compete in transgression. Allah says: “They restrained not one another from the wickedness they did. Verily evil was that they used to do!” (Qur’an 5:79)
18. Cowardice and their love for this worldly life are their undisputable traits. To this, the Qur’an refers when saying: “Ye are more awful as a fear in their bosoms than Allah. That is because they are a folk who understand not. They will not fight against you in a body save in fortified villages or from behind walls. Their adversity among themselves is very great. Ye think of them as a whole whereas their hearts are divers.” (Qur’an 59:13 and Qur’an 59:14). Allah Almighty also says: “And thou wilt find them greediest of mankind for life and (greedier) than the idolaters.” (Qur’an 2:96)
19. Miserliness runs deep in their hearts. Describing this, the Qur’an states: “Or have they even a share in the Sovereignty? Then in that case, they would not give mankind even the speck on a date stone.” (Qur’an 4:53)
20. Distorting Divine Revelation and Allah’s Sacred Books. Allah says in this regard: “Therefore woe be unto those who write the Scripture with their hands anthem say, “This is from Allah,” that they may purchase a small gain therewith. Woe unto them for that their hands have written, and woe unto them for that they earn thereby.” (Qur’an 2:79)
After this clear explanation, we would like to note that these are but some of the most famous traits of the Jews as described in the Qur’an. They have revolted against the Divine ordinances, distorted what has been revealed to them and invented new teachings which, they claimed, were much more better than what has been recorded in the Torah. It was for these traits that they found no warm reception in all countries where they tried to reside. Rather, they would either be driven out or live in isolation. It was Almighty Allah who placed on them His Wrath and made them den of humiliation due to their transgression. Almighty Allah told us that He’d send to them people who’d pour on them rain of severe punishment that would last till the Day of Resurrection. All this gives us glad tidings of the coming victory of Muslims over them once Muslims stick to strong faith and belief in Allah and adopt the modern means of technology.”
Also at the link are “LINKS TO CORE ISLAMIC TEXTS AND OTHER DATA” that are equally enlightening.
These are comments at Instapundit commenting on an article We need to talk about Muslim anti-semitism. Lots to be said but here I focus on the blindness of Jews to a massive problem that will blight their community as far into the future as we can see, in the same way it will blight the future of Christians, both actual and by national history, to an almost equal extent. This is the death of the West unless something can be done right now.
Europeans tolerate Muslims because Europeans have outsourced their anti-Semitism to Muslim immigrants.
I think you’re very close with that idea. The Islamic community makes regular antisemitism seem more acceptable.
The Europeans do not hate Hitler because he killed six million Jews. They hate him because he did not finish the job. They are now counting on their Muslims and a nuclear Iran to finish the job.
And so fanatic is their hatred, they do not care what type of nuclear retaliation Israel might do.
That’s a fact. Hatred by proxy. Well said.
“And the leaders of Islam have to take a stand.” Um, the leaders of Islam HAVE taken a stand about non-Muslims in general and Jews in particular: we are to be converted, enslaved or killed.
The one thing to know about antisemitism is to understand that those who espouse that it is all about Israel, it is never about Israel, it never was or will be. It is hatred of a dynamic and successful religion, usually by those who feel deprived of the very things they feel they’ve been denied by those who they claim to hate.
To their credit, some Jewish organisations have attempted to confront the problem of anti-Semitism among Muslims.
“To their credit…”?!? In any sane society, that would be the minimum, not something to be lauded.
“To their credit, they oppose Nazism.”
“To their credit, they oppose the eating of babies.”
“To their credit, they don’t leave a little in the water pitcher just so they don’t have to refill it.”
Until Muslim leaders call for the rejection of those tenets of Islam that insist on Muslim supremacy Islam should be treated like a toxic, political, movement and nothing else. Someone please explain how any belief system can be “tolerated” by any society that ENCOURAGES (if not demands) murder, misogyny and political supremacy?
Were Islam not some group that the left witlessly embraces they’d be no more acceptable in a society than the Klan or a Nazi movement.
Well, duh … when their very ‘religion’ cum ideology calls for the killing and harm to Jews, that’s what they do. At some point in time, the world is going to have to admit to itself that it is part of the Islamic religion to hate Jews. Why are people acting like they’re surprised at the obvious????
Ironic. Hitler wasn’t able to get rid of all Jews from Europe, but it appears the European Union has found another way to do it. Immigrate Jew hating Muslims to drive them out for them. Leave while you can would be my advice. Europeans do not have the stomach for the fight that is coming.
It won’t just be the Jews and synagogues. Notre Dame will be gone. St Peter’s, Windsor Castle, Versaille. The Louvre, the greatest art and music the world has ever known will all be gone.
He’s not wrong, but he’s very wrong about the possibility of there being any real dialogue about the Jew-hatred coming from Islam. That Jew-hatred is woven throughout the Q’ran, the Hadiths, and the history of Islam itself. It’s taught to Muslims by imams around the world and ingrained in their thinking from their earliest indoctrination into their faith. Of American Muslims, who are not generally regarded as the most observant of Muslims, fully 25% believe that violent jihad against the enemies of Islam is not only justified, but required of Muslims. In other places, that percentage is much higher.
“Last year, Amber Rudd, the UK home secretary, confirmed ISIS had specifically identified British Jewry as a ‘desirable and legitimate target’.” For some reason, this verbiage, coming from the home secretary, seriously creeps me out. So do the references in the article to “studying the problem”. Not a whole lot of study is required.
Quite an astute summary. It leaves out “Free Markets” which would be a blocked out red in all three cases. It also tends to idealise Nazis and communists since any of the freedoms enjoyed are only available to the extent that the government has not seen any reason to restrict those rights.
How’s this for a first para from a mere columnist who wishes to take up Obama’s empty rhetoric about modern Islam and the Christianity of a thousand years ago?
I have written three books and numerous articles about the Crusades, slavery and the Inquisition, so I suppose I am, forgive me, somewhat qualified to discuss them. Not, of course, as expert as President Barack Obama, because he seems to be an authority on pretty much everything.
The columnist is Michael Coren writing in the Toronto Sun, under the heading, Obama dodges tough questions of Islam. His conclusion, in what is anyway a short article, seems to be this:
As I say, I have written entire books about the context and nuance of all this so a column can never satisfy. What Obama was perhaps trying to say was that people use religion to conduct all sorts of evil deeds and in that he is correct. But if he genuinely understood history and religion, he would know that Christ’s actual teachings were seldom the reason for ancient injustices.
The question that must be asked – and Obama and so many like him have neither the courage nor the wit to do so – is whether the same can be said of Islam.
Ahem, ahem. Obama does, of course, know the answer, which is why he does so much to evade the question.