I’ve always known this to be true: Comey: I Announced The Hillary Investigation Because Polls Showed Her Ahead.
The question is why would he do it? And the answer is that Obama and Comey were trying to craft an election outcome in which Hillary would be elected but would then have to resign, or at the very minimum step aside and then resign, because of the scandal related to her email servers. When it comes to Tim Kaine, you need to bear this in mind:
In November of 2005, during Obama’s first year in the Senate, Obama campaigned for Kaine in the Virginia gubernatorial race. Just over a year later, in February of 2007—as the Los Angeles Times reports—Kaine became the first statewide elected Democrat outside of Illinois to support Obama’s presidential bid against the Democratic heir apparent, Hillary Clinton.
The Clintons are not exactly known for their short memories. So how is it that someone who was among the first to break ranks with Hillary in 2007 was rewarded with the top prize that she could grant in 2016? Could it be that Clinton decided that the largely unknown Kaine was such a big political asset that she should let bygones by bygones? Or could it be that Clinton, who has tied herself to Obama and is highly dependent on his help in turning out the Democratic base, was told whom to pick?
They needed Hillary to win but needed a reason to then be able to push her aside.
So here is the wonderful irony. Donald Trump is President because of Obama and Comey, just as Hillary has so often said. And if you think this is all new, see my post from November 1, 2016: Raisin’ Kaine to the highest office in the land. Found here as well: I’ve worked out how it ends published three days later. Both posts are found in my blog diary of the 2016 election: The Art of the Impossible.
Comey says it. Hillary says it. But no one but them, and perhaps now you, understands what went on and how it all worked out.
ADDENDUM: I have taken in the following ten points from an earlier post on this issue titled What really happened. This is what I think really happened spelled out in sequential order.
1) Obama hates Hillary.
2) Tim Kaine is not just from the Obama side of the Democratic Party but was one of the first of the Democrats to defect to Obama in 2007. She would have hated Kaine to an infinite degree. Hillary would never ever under ordinary circumstances have chosen him for her Vice President, even assuming he would be a great campaign asset which he most assuredly was not.
3) However, she can only run for president if she is not under indictment for the undoubtedly illegal use of an insecure server. Hillary was therefore compelled to choose someone who she would never have chosen as her Vice Presidential candidate.
4) Obama’s aim was to be succeeded by someone with his own agenda to carry on where he had left off.
5) Hillary wanted to be president, but not necessarily serve as president. She is a sick woman which can hardly be denied. She might not have lasted a year before her illnesses would have forced her to resign.
6) But in any case, just in case she was reluctant to give up the presidency once she had it, the evidence of illegal activity could be used to impeach her if she chose to battle on, or at the very least, force her to stand aside and allow the Vice President to take over.
7) Comey had begun the original investigation, which was extraordinary enough. But since it is necessary for Hillary to win if Kaine was to become president, Comey – under instruction – says on his own bat that she has no case to answer.
8) Hillary then moves to the front and looks set to win the election. But now there is no means to force her from office if she doesn’t want to go. So suddenly 650,000 classified emails are found on Weiner’s laptop leading Comey – under instruction from Obama – to open the investigation again.
9) But then, to everyone’s astonishment on the Democrat side of politics, Trump begins to move ahead in the last week of the election, throwing the result into doubt. The investigation against Hillary therefore needs to be shut down immediately. Comey therefore declares that they FBI has gone through the 650,000 emails and states there is nothing there to prosecute.
10) But by then it is too late and Trump gathers just enough momentum due to the various scandals that have surrounded Hillary to win the election.