Added to the list of accomplishments this week:
- An agreement on a new U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade deal.
- A new budget including more than $1.3 billion for a border wall and blocks a government shutdown.
- House approval of the U.S. Space Force, a brand-new branch of the military.
- Government family leave that will be a model for a proposal for the public.
- Tentative agreement on trade with China.
- Approval of Trump’s 50th federal appeals judge.
- Confirmation of a new Food and Drug Administration chief.
- The signing of a pro-Israel anti-Semitism executive order.
Plus, advisers noted, Wall Street hit another record, and Pelosi conceded that on impeachment, “It’s been going on 22 months — two and a half years, actually.”
And, the advisers added, with impeachment likely, the president was assured by McConnell that the Senate would move fast on a trial that will end in acquittal and might include the support of two Senate Democrats, according to Sen. Rand Paul.
“There is one world where the mainstream media is covering impeachment, but there is another world where Trump is racking up a myriad of accomplishments, many of which have the support of the same Democrats who want to remove him from office,” said political communications strategist Ron Bonjean.