There is a disgusting anti-Roy-Moore post at Instapundit where all the comments are not just pro-Moore but hugely irritated that such a post should be written and put up now. This is one of the comments which captures my sentiments quite well.
Mitch McConnell spends millions of dollars to defeat Moore. And fails.
Four women appear in a Washington Post story reporting misdeeds from 40 years ago that they happened not to remember until someone waved a hundred dollar bill under their snouts.
Minutes later – less than an hour – every GOPe in Washington glommed on and denounced him. Disowned him. Cut off the NRSC money. Warned people he wouldn’t be seated. Demanded he drop out. Ran a write in ringer! Literally within the hour.
These are the Republicans in Washington, mind you. All of them. There might have been ten who didn’t, but I can’t read every story personally so even that’s doubtful.
There has never been a more craven, coordinated, transparent, and evil attack on a man, not ever, and that includes against our president.
This isn’t cowardliness. This is the hill they’ve chosen to die on. This hill. And Bernstein’s there waving the bloody shirt right along with the rest of these traitors.
Traitors. As in, attempting to overthrow the government. At war with America.
God damn. I don’t care one way or another about Roy Moore personally. But when I see someone who is on my side being destroyed, you bet I’m going to be as mad as hell about it and I won’t forget.
If you didn’t know there was a coup on before, by God you should know now. And everyone’s dropped the mask yet again.
God help you, but I don’t think He will.
And then there was this:
Leftists and the GOPe are all about style over substance. I am sure Moore, whatever his multitudinous failings, would be a much more staunch defender of Jews and Israel than his opponent. But this matters less to the crowd which considers themselves nuanced and sophisticated than what words someone’s wife chooses to indicate that support. Trump was not elected for being eloquent. He was elected because a harsh truth poorly told is worth more than a host of well polished, and gloriously uplifting lies.
Our elite are shallow, unsophisticated rubes. One of the many ways you know this is by how high a priority they put on pretending that they aren’t. That is why I always use that insult against them. They really hate it because it is accurate, and it is what they fear the most — being seen as ordinary and no better than any other man. Because if they are ordinary, then how do they justify making decisions for everyone else?
And for interest, this is Roy Moore’s policy on Israel:
On Foreign Affairs, Candidate Moore states:
“We must remember that Israel is the United States’ most important ally and partner in the Middle East and should reject agreements or policies that undermine Israel’s security. We should pass the Taylor Force Act and move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.”
Moore clearly understands the importance of our strategic partnership with Israel.
Roy Moore also issued a separate two page position paper on Israel in which he gives the Biblical case for support of Israel as well as five detailed policy positions.
Candidate Moore’s Policy Positions on Israel include
- Opposing Economic Warfare against Israel, including “opposing all efforts to boycott Israeli companies and products as a means to isolate and delegitimize Israel.”
- Supporting Israel in the United Nations; “I oppose all efforts in the United Nations to isolate, sanction, and delegitimize Israel. The United States should veto all anti-Israel resolutions.”
- Supporting Direct Israeli-Palestinian Negotiations; “I oppose the imposition of outside solutions upon Israel and instead support direct Israeli-Palestinian negotiations that allow Israel to control decisions about its borders and safety. As long as Hamas and the Palestinian Authority wrongly refuse to recognize Israel’s right to exist, such negotiations have scant chance of success.”
- Supporting Military Assistance to Israel; Moore supports the current Memorandum of Understanding between the United States and Israel. “This commitment includes layered missile defense, joint military exercises, and sharing of technological innovations.”
- Protecting Israel from Iranian Aggression; In addition to closely monitoring Iran’s actions regarding future nuclear development, Moore states; “The United states should also take all steps necessary to prevent Iranian financing and supply of terrorist organizations such as Hezbollah and Hamas whose aim is to annihilate Israel.