Is what Nancy Pelosi said intended to be an insult: Pelosi Mocks Trump: ‘As If Manhood Could Ever Be Associated With Him’?
Let’s get this parsed correctly.
1) Pelosi is trying to insult the President.
2) In intending to insult the President, she says: “It’s like a manhood thing for him. As if manhood could ever be associated with him. This wall thing.”
3) This is only insulting if manhood is a positive attribute which Pelosi denies is present in PDT.
4) The intended insult is that the President lacks manhood, whose absence diminishes PDT’s being since its presence is positive.
5) Thus “manhood” is understood by Pelosi to be preferable to its absence.
6) Manhood is an aspect of “the patriarchy”, almost by definition.
7) There are therefore aspects of the “patriarchy” whose presence is a positive feature in any male.
8) Such aspects of the patriarchy, such as manhood, are useful features in a president.
9) Can a woman show “manhood”?
10) Is Nancy Pelosi being a blatant sexist?