Trump declares the U.S. is ‘open for business’ in Davos, as he tells global bigwigs ‘America First does not mean America alone. Speeches on the vid begin around 4:45 in. PDT at around 8:30.
- President Donald Trump defended his aggressive trade posture before world leaders and business moguls in Davos
- He declared the U.S. ‘open for business’
- Trump also tried to explain how he would cooperate with other nations
- Trump has said he’ll withdraw from global climate pacts and trade deals
- ‘I will always put America First. Just like the leaders of other countries should put their countries first also’
- Pitches investment in the USA
- ‘America is roaring back and now is the time to invest in the future of America’
- Says he’ll ‘denuke the Korean peninsula’
- Hails retaking ISIS territory ‘once held by these killers in Iraq and Syria’
The words in the heading are from the President of the World Economic Forum.
UPDATE: The text of Remarks by President Trump to the World Economic Forum.