Jo Nova on The “ten second” guide to the world of skeptics. She says it is only for newbies but said so well and so contrary to modern forms of madness, thought I would list those essential ten seconds’ worth, but there is much more at the link.
- The evidence shows temperature controls carbon dioxide (you read that correctly). Temperatures rise first, and CO2 follows.
- Global warming is real, but it started a century (or two) before our emissions.
- The world is warmer than in 1850, but cooler than 1,000 years ago, 8,000 years ago, 130,000 years ago, and cooler than most of the history of life on Earth.
- CO2 is called “pollution” but it feeds all plant-life on Earth.
- Big-Oil paid some skeptics, but Big-Government outspent it 3,500 to 1, and even Big-Oil spent far more on renewables than on “deniers”.
- Big Greens used to fight big corporates, but now they are big-corporates. The real grassroots movement are the skeptics who take on the lot.
The oddest peculiarity of all is that for someone who is an AGW sceptic, it appears as if almost the entire world has gone mad.