Hillary has just released her campaign memoir, What Happened, in which she blames everyone under the sun for her loss. For myself, I have never been in much doubt about the mechanics about what went wrong for her. There is only one person to blame and that is Obama, with Comey and Loretta Lynch playing major supporting roles. This is what I think happened with Point 2 decisive in allowing one to understand what went on.
1) Obama hates Hillary.
2) Tim Kaine is not just from the Obama side of the Democratic Party but was one of the first of the Democrats to defect to Obama in 2007. She would have hated Kaine to an infinite degree. Hillary would never ever under ordinary circumstances have chosen him for her Vice President, even assuming he would be a great campaign asset which he most assuredly was not.
3) However, she can only run for president if she is not under indictment for the undoubtedly illegal use of an insecure server. Hillary was therefore compelled to choose someone who she would never have chosen as her Vice Presidential candidate.
4) Obama’s aim was to be succeeded by someone with his own agenda to carry on where he had left off.
5) Hillary wanted to be president, but not necessarily serve as president. She is a sick woman which can hardly be denied. She might not have lasted a year before her illnesses would have forced her to resign.
6) But in any case, just in case she was reluctant to give up the presidency once she had it, the evidence of illegal activity could be used to impeach her if she chose to battle on, or at the very least, force her to stand aside and allow the Vice President to take over.
7) Comey had begun the original investigation, which was extraordinary enough. But since it is necessary for Hillary to win if Kaine was to become president, Comey – under instruction – says on his own bat that she has no case to answer.
8) Hillary then moves to the front and looks set to win the election. But now there is no means to force her from office if she doesn’t want to go. So suddenly 650,000 classified emails are found on Weiner’s laptop leading Comey – under instruction from Obama – to open the investigation again.
9) But then, to everyone’s astonishment on the Democrat side of politics, Trump begins to move ahead in the last week of the election, throwing the result into doubt. The investigation against Hillary therefore needs to be shut down immediately. Comey therefore declares that they FBI has gone through the 650,000 emails and states there is nothing there to prosecute.
10) But by then it is too late and Trump gathers just enough momentum due to the various scandals that have surrounded Hillary to win the election.
And to add a bit of fuel to my little fire, this is from back in May: Clinton blames Comey, WikiLeaks for election loss. I think this is exactly right:
Clinton said she was on track to winning the election until Oct. 28, when news broke that Comey had sent a letter to Congress announcing that he had reopened the investigation into her emails. . . .
“I was on the way to winning until the combination of Jim Comey’s letter on October 28 and Russian WikiLeaks raised doubts in the minds of people who were inclined to vote for me, but got scared off,” Clinton said.
The only thing Hillary has ever said that was true. Now she has written her book which is discussed in this article, Cluelessness, thy name is Hillary Clinton. In the book, she blames Obama and Comey among others but doesn’t single them out. All this was discussed before the election and can be found in my Art of the Impossible, a book that in my view becomes more interesting the farther from the election we are.